MTV Casting For Second 'It Gets Better' Special
Written by Instinct Staff |
Monday, 23 July 2012
|Tags: mtv, it gets better, casting, second special, dan savage, emmy nomination, it gets better project, lgbt youth, gay youth|
MTV's newly Emmy-nominated special, It Gets Better, is coming back for seconds and casting is underway.
Got a story to share? Willing to share it on camera?
Find out how after the jump!
According to MTV:
"MTV is casting for another acclaimed "It Gets Better" special. We are looking for people who appear to be 15-25, and want to share their stories and experiences about growing up LGBT. The more information you share, the better we get to know you! You should be open to sharing your stories and struggles on-camera. If interested, please email us your story and the following information at
- Phone Number
- When did you become aware of your sexual orientation/gender identity?
- How "out" are you to your parents, family, friends, classmates, co-workers, etc?
- What sort of relationship do you currently have with your family?
- What, do you think, are the unique challenges that you face as an LGBT person?
- What needs to get better for you? What has gotten better for you?
- What are the biggest challenges you currently face and how are you approaching these challenges?
- When you're not in school or at work, what do you do for fun? What makes you most happy? What are your future goals?
Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to hearing your story."
If you missed the first It Gets Better special, head here to check it out.
Obviously, the first special was a huge success and there are still countless stories to share.
Why not yours?