Athletes Go Bare In New Calendar To Save Temple's Men's Gymnastics Team
Now this is a campaign we can get behind!
Temple University has voted to cut the men's gymnastic team!! Well we can't let that happen that happen for obvious reasons.
Thankfully those entrepreneurial supporters of the team aren't going down without a fight!
According to Philly Mag, on Saturday, alumni members of the Men's Gymnastics team got together to shoot a steamy calendar, which will be available for purchase, and which the team hopes will provide them with the necessary funds to continue!
Did we mention that the team is financially self-sustained? (Why is Temple cutting it again??)
Kory Aversa, the boyfriend of gay Temple alum and former teammember Dashiell Sears (who will appear in the calendar) tells Philly Mag:
- The group has one of the most dedicated alumni bases, with a 25-percent donation rate, compared to a 7-percent donation rate of the overall Temple alumni base.
- The team is self-sustained with a combination of tuition money and donations. It is not an expense to the university.
- The team operates on a budget less than the helmet and chinstrap budget of the Temple Football Team.
- The team’s GPA is the highest of all teams at the university for the past 3 years.
- The team has one of the best winning records of all team’s at the university.
- Team has been around since 1926.
UPDATE: Calendar pre-sales are available here. The calendar will officially go on sale March 1.
Also those who want to get involved with the Temple Men's Gymnastics team's campaign, you can contact Clay Stewart at email@example.com.
And getting "involved" doesn't mean offering to be a fluffer, gentlemen!
It doesn't mean that!!
Head over to Philly Mag for more behind-the-scenes shots of Saturday's shoot from photographer Michael Thomas:
Will you help save Temple Men's Gymnastics, Instincters?
(H/T: PhillyMag via Instinct reader Raul)
Image Credit: Michael Thomas