Back Door Prep: More Straight Men Are Anal Bleaching & Shaving. For The Same Reasons We Do?
How Spa-tastic are you? Here's the grocery list of spa treatments I've had done at the hands of someone else.
- Manicures - I've tried manicures twice, but I seem to get more hang nails after than I ever had before. Manis are permanently off my list.
- Pedicures - That is my go to treatment. Give me a pedicure and that massage chair for 40 minutes and just take my money. I'll gladly pay for a foot treatment at least once a month and I have even had one in an airport on a long lay-over and was well worth it. Go ahead, buff those toe nails and maybe put a clear coat on.
- Massages. I'm a cheap man when it comes to massages and usually only get one if they are a gift from someone else (hint, hint). One of the best I had was the 80-minute thermal energy massage in Punta Cana at the CHIC Resort (Travel Thursday: CHIC Resort Won Us Over With Its Staff, Relaxation, & Luxury). I need to find that same treatment, but just more local and I will pay!
- Facials - Well I am a bearded man so I did not think facials were worth it. As part of my trip to Key west last month, I decided to try a facial at Ocean Key Resort & Spa (Travel Thursday: When Key West Calls, The Ocean Key Resort & Spa Has The Answer. ). Relaxing, cleansing, refreshing, and I would get it again. For my first one, I went with a gentle facial and not a peel that I see some of my friends getting. Maybe later.
- Waxing - Can't do it. It's not because of the pain, but instead, no matter all natural waxing or not, I break out like there's no tomorrow. I don't need bacne/back acne, thanks.
- Back buzz - (in place of the waxing) I'm guilty of having some extra extra back hair so usually 4 days or so before I travel to a place where my shirt may be off in public, I go into a friend's home salon and he buzzes my back. He does other treatments and shavings there, but I've stuck with just the back for now.
Is that enough? is that too much? What else do you do? Do you do more down there? Below the belt?
I don't think any of those treatments make me more gay than the next guy or even more metrosexual. I don't think any spa treatments reflect your Kinsey Scale number. So when Menshealth.com shared a recent story about straight men getting anal bleaching done, I was like, "GOOD FOR THEM!"
Enrique Ramirez is a licensed esthetician. He’s been working in the salon industry for nearly two decades. Over the years, he’s provided a lot of different services to a lot of different people. But more recently, he’s been receiving inquiries from a specific demographic regarding a very specific service. More recently, he’s been getting straight guys asking about bleaching their butts.
For those who aren’t in the know, anal bleaching is a cosmetic procedure designed to lighten the color of the skin around the anus. (Porn, as well as the Kardashians, have been credited with helping to popularize the trend.) And while the procedure may seem extreme, not to mention costly (at his spa, the service costs $110 per session), the trend of below-the-belt grooming is not limited to his NYC-based clientele. And by "below the belt," we mean way below the belt. - Menshealth.com
Related Post: Shaving Your Butt. Looks Like Everyone Is Going There.
The numbers are on the rise for all men shaving more than their faces, shaving their boys, and making the other body opening more pearly white and we're not talking about the ears or the nose.
The Nivea for Men survey also found that almost 10% of guys regularly shaved their butts, and 24% admitted to having hopped on YouTube in search of instructions for how to do so safely. And they’re willing to enlist professionals to do the honors. - Menshealth.com
Head over to Menshealth.com to hear more about the Butt Reynolds and the Crack Daddy that one salon is offering at a new salon just for men that was opened because of the high demand and increase of male clients.
One salon owner says “I think anal [grooming] is becoming more accepted among men because women are more open to trying new sexual experiences, [pegging, bottoming, etc] and they want their men to be groomed."
Will I try anal bleaching? Not sure. I do keep the trunk of my car clean, even though no one ever uses it so maybe I should do the same for my body, just in case someone's junk needs to go in my trunk.
What is the extent of your grooming?
Are yu surprised that straight men are bleaching now?
Have you done anal bleaching and is it worth it?