Cory Monteith's Official Coroner's Report Released, Confirms Cause Of Death
As we previously reported back in July, the official (and final) British Columbia Coroner's report released Wednesday, reveals that Glee's Cory Monteith died of a drug cocktail of "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
According to the report (via The Hollywood Reporter):
"He had checked in to the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him unresponsive on the floor," the report stated.
Investigators on the scene found drug paraphernalia in Monteith's presence, including "a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty
champagne bottlesand glasses."
At the time of his death, Monteith had an alcohol level of 0.13 percent, with a "moderate" level of intoxication.
The report also pointed to the presence of morphine, codeine and "6-monoacetylmorphine," a metabolite of heroin.
The coroner's investigation added the hotel video captured Monteith returning alone to his room at 2:16 a.m. on July 13, which marked the final time the actor was seen alive.
Monteith passed away on July 13.