Do You Have Your HoliGAY Music Ready?
As I get ready to host holiday parties I’m always searching through my playlist for the perfect winter songs that will set the mood for a queer holiday celebration. I tend to not like the more traditional songs and if you’re like me you might want some variety in your holiday music, maybe even something unconventional—if you like holiday music at all.
While you are up all night wrapping gifts for loved ones or shopping online, open those bottles of wine and throw on this playlist of queer holiday tracks. While some may be new versions of traditional songs and others a little more off color, this list of 20 titles by LGBTQ+ folks and queer icons should do the trick in spreading the holiGAY cheer.
1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Sam Smith
2. All I Want for Christmas is Nudes – Trixie Mattel
3. Cool Yule – Bette Midler
4. Christmas Party – RuPaul
5. Hard Candy Christmas – Dolly Parton
6. Santa’s Coming For Us – Sia
7. Someday At Christmas – Diana Ross
8. Make It Jingle – Big Freedia
9. Ho Ho Ho Ho – Willam
10. A Dirty Gay Christmas – Jonny McGovern
11. Homo Christmas – Pansy Division
12. All I Want For Christmas Is You – Steve Grand
13. Dear Santa, Bring Me a Man – Alaska, Courtney Act & Willam
14. Winter Wonderland – Eurythmics
15. Step Into Christmas - Elton John
16. Round and Round – Sia
17. Hey Sis, It’s Christmas – RuPaul
18. River – Sam Smith
19. Thank God It’s Christmas – Queen
20. Nothing for Christmas – RuPaul