Gay Couple Believed To Have Died In Scotland Hotel Fire

How incredibly sad!

Reports have identified a London gay couple, believed to have died in a fire that broke out in a luxury hotel in Loch Lomond, Scotland.

Simon Midgley, a PR professional and writer for the London Evening Standard was said to have been on a pre-Christmas holiday with his partner, Richard Dyson, a TV producer. The couple was reportedly staying at the Cameron House Hotel when when the fire broke out on Monday morning.

Just days prior, the men happily shared photos from their trip to social media.

Regarding the fire, Cameron House's director, Andy Roger, said in a statement:

"Everyone associated with Cameron House Hotel is still coming to terms with the events of yesterday and we are all hugely conscious that two people tragically lost their lives in the fire. 

"Their families and friends are foremost in our thoughts as we co-operate fully with the investigation teams to try to establish the circumstances surrounding this terrible incident. 

"The emergency services were on the scene long into the night and I cannot praise their efforts highly enough. They are true heroes. The firemen bringing out a couple and their young child by ladder from a second-floor room was a heart-stopping moment for all those who witnessed it."

Before it was converted into a five-star hotel in 1986, the Cameron House was an 18th Century Mansion.