Largest Chocolate Maker To Invest $1 Billion Into Fighting Climate Change
Do you have a chocolate fetish? I think I know more women than men that like the decadent treat but then again there are some gay friends that seem to want the chocolate as often as they can get it.
Yes, I'm talking about the stuff you can buy in the grocery store and not on Adam4Adam. With nuts or without, when you have that cocoa craving, the treat is truly satisfying.
Mars, the world’s largest chocolate company, maker of M&Ms, Snickers, Mars Bars, and more is worried about its future production. The candy company has been very vocal in its support of fighting climate change and even went as far as to sign the letter that urged President Trump to not pull out of the Paris climate change agreement back in June. That of course did not work, so larger steps were taken by the company.
Mars, the maker of Snickers, Twix, and M&Ms, has pledged to invest $1 billion over the next few years to fight climate change. The sustainability drive includes investment in renewable energy, food sourcing, cross-industry action groups, and farmers.
Grant Reid, CEO of Mars, explained the rationale behind the investment, noting that “most scientists are saying there’s less than a 5% chance we will hit Paris agreement goals…which is catastrophic for the planet.” He argued that the global supply chain is broken, requiring “transformational, cross-industry collaboration” to fix it. - dailykos.com
We always applaud companies when they move forward with equal rights. Yes, chocolatey goodness is a little different than marriage equality, but when you need something to deal with the stress of being you, snapping into a bar of dark and creamy goodness can help.
And before you throw on that sex app looking for some horizontal stress relief, maybe you should read this:
25 Reasons why Chocolate is Better than a Man
- Chocolate is rich, dark, and satisfying.
- You're never disappointed when you open the wrapper.
- Chocolate doesn't care how many pieces you've eaten before.
- Chocolate always hits the spot.
- Chocolate doesn't always secretly want to be eaten by your best friend.
- Chocolate doesn't think the shopping channel is stupid.
- Chocolate always smells good.
- Chocolate won't ask "Am I the best?" or "How was it?"
- It doesn't sulk when you don't want it first thing in the morning.
- Chocolates are easy to pick up.
- Chocolate satisfies even when it has gone soft.
- You can suck a piece of chocolate even in front of your mother.
- Chocolate never leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
- Chocolate doesn't mind what time of the month it is.
- You don't mind the brown stains left by chocolate.
- With chocolate, size doesn't really matter. It's always good.
- You can read the label and know what it's made of.
- Chocolates do not wear white socks.
- Chocolate doesn't mind when you bite its nuts.
- With chocolates, you don't have to be a virgin more than once.
- "If you love me you'll swallow that" has real meaning with chocolate.
- You can have more than one chocolate a night without ruining your reputation.
- Chocolate doesn't just think it's smooth.
- Chocolates aren't into rope or leather.
- You can tell just by looking at it, that it hasn't been in anyone else's mouth.