'RuPaul's Drag Race' Power Rankings, Episode 7: Who Got Snatched?
The episode that everyone waits for each season has finally arrived on RuPaul's Drag Race: the one, the only... Snatch Game.
It's sort of like a big gift you know you are getting for your birthday, but can't tell if it is something you would like or not. Sure, there have been these sorts of presents that have delighted in the past (season 6's group for the most part was stellar) and then there have been ones that we would truly like to forget (All Stars 3 please).
This group sort of performed in the middle. We didn't get our Xbox One that we were all hoping for but we certainly didn't receive a fruitcake either. Five out of the eight queens remaining did a decent to hilarious job at impersonating their celebrities while the other three should've done their homework prior to getting onto this show. It's the equivalent of going on Project Runway and not knowing how to sew at this point. Oh, and spoiler alert... Monique Heart went home. I started to love her as the season went on, but I never really saw her going the distance and making it to the finale.
Each week, we are doing a power ranking of who is on the top, the middle and the bottom. In last week's rankings, Eureka shot to the top and dethroned Asia O'Hara. Who will fall where this week?
1. Eureka (last week: #1). Her consistency over the past five episodes has been nothing short of impressive, as she has only been safe once and in the high group for the other four challenges (winning twice). Her impersonation of Alana Thompson (aka Honey Boo Boo), was spot on, and she was able to hand the nonstop tornado of The Vixen's mouth fairly well. This is a soft number one for now, as there is still something missing about Eureka that makes me not get hard for her just yet.
2. Monet X Change (last week: #3). I'm so happy that Monet has found her stride after being in the bottom two twice recently. She did what Chi Chi DeVayne couldn't do in Snatch Game: make Maya Angelou funny. And she did. Monet is hilarious and proving to be a major force on this show, just like I expected when it was announced that she would be on. Keep. This. Momentum. Going. Hunty.
3. Aquaria (last week: #7). Her choice of Melania Trump turned out to be a brilliant one and snatched her a second win for the season. I still think she is lacking when it comes to personality, hence why I cannot give her number two or number one (eww) at this point. But, she's impressing me for now.
4. Kameron Michaels (last week: #2). I had no idea that Kameron would even make it this far. Sometimes the quiet ones either fizzle out really quickly or make it to the end. Her choice of doing the late & great professional wrestler Chyna was brilliant as she's been able to work in her "muscular" storyline very well over the past two weeks. She hasn't won a challenge yet, however, and that's why she falls into this spot.
5. Miz Cracker (last week: #4). It's painful that Cracker hasn't won anything yet. Her comedy is so irreverent, and its frustrating that it hasn't earned her a W. Dorothy Parker was a great choice for her, albeit weird for many of the viewers who are unfamiliar with her, but it didn't earn her a spot in the top. She was just safe again. I'm hoping that she's able to pull a W sooner if not later, because she doesn't deserve to be a middle of the pack kind of queen.
6. Asia O'Hara (last week: #5). Here's a fun memo: no one should do Beyonce. It's never gonna work, it's never going to be funny, and I hope to god that another drag queen doesn't impersonate her on future seasons. I had Asia pegged to win this show many episodes ago, and her star has fallen quite a bit over the past four challenges that saw her in the low group for two. Please step it up ASAP.
7. The Vixen (last week: #8). I supported her in the beginning when she was feuding with Aquaria and Eureka. Now, it's enough. You didn't do well last challenge, and you didn't do anything to make Blue Ivy funny or interesting. That's why the other queens picked you to go home, nothing else. It's gotten to the point where these scenes with her are becoming uncomfortable to watch. I've issued supportive messages for some of the queens listed above in order for them to improve or earn a win. For The Vixen, I got nothing.
This was created by one of our Contributing Writers and does not reflect the opinion of Instinct Magazine or the other Contributing Writers when it comes to this subject.