Someone Tried To Burn Popular Seattle Gay Club Neighbors Down On New Year's Eve

Seattle gay destination Neighbors was evacuated shortly after midnight after a fire erupted on its stairwell, with patrons drenched by the club's sprinkler system pouring out into the Capitol Hill neighborhood wondering what was going on. Having had time to investigate, the Seattle Police have an idea of what happened: someone poured gasoline around the club before igniting it. 

The fantastic local blog Capitol Hill Seattle reported:

The Seattle Fire Department’s marshal was called to Broadway’s Neighbours just minutes after the legendary gay night spot’s midnight 2014 celebration to investigate a suspected arson fire that triggered the club’s automatic fire sprinkler system. SFD’s Ladder 10 was dispatched to the dance club at 1509 Broadway at 12:16 AM. The arriving firefighters found the building’s sprinkler system activated and the club’s 750 or so partygoers were cleared outside. Seattle Police were called to the scene to assist in crowd control to keep patrons and staff from re-entering the building.

On Thursday, a gas canister was discovered. Here's the local KOMO new report on the update: