BEWARE—THIS POST INCLUDES SPOILERS FROM SEASON 6 OF GAME OF THRONES!
If you sit still for a moment on Sunday, July 16th you’ll be able to hear the screeches of a dragons reverberating across the world as viewers tune in for the next season of HBO’s Game of Thrones.
After some of the bloodiest and most shocking revelations in season 6, Game of Thrones fans have been desperately anticipating the return of the good versus evil world created by George R. R. Martin.
If you haven’t caught up to this point, what’s wrong with you?
But if you need a recap, here’s what we learned last season when we tuned in:
- Sexy Jon Snow has returned from the grave—the gasp heard round the world
- Cersei Lannister is indeed a heartless bitch when she ignites Wild Fire to King’s Landing—and subsequently shaming her son, King Tommen Baratheon, into committing suicide
- Sansa Stark finally reaches dark AF status and has the ultimate clap back when she mercilessly leaves Ramsay Bolton for dog food
- Arya can see again! Hooray! And she proves that she does know how to use that sword
- The gut-wrenching meaning behind Hodor’s name
- A painful trial for Loras Tyrell for “laying with other men” that ends with a bang!
- Daenerys Targaryen sets sail for Westeros with her army—ready to claim her throne
- Winter is…finally here
And with the return of Game of Thrones, you know what that means? The return of Gay of Thrones that will be servicing you with some GoT recap realness week after week through the final moments of one of the highest rated shows in television history.
Will the final episodes of GoT grant us some closure on all the beloved characters we have lost? Who will be the one to take the throne? Will Brandon Stark ever be able to walk? Will Jon Snow finally have a gay scene? All questions we are dying to have answers to.
I’m getting all sweaty just thinking about it!
Get your popcorn, potions and elixirs ready–Season 7 of Game of Thrones premieres on Sunday, July 16th on HBO. It's gonna be on fire!