On December 27, 2018 Los Angeles KTLA 5 news anchor Chris Burrous was found unresponsive in a hotel in Glendale, California. The news came as a shock to California residents who had watched Burrous on KTLA since 2011.
Authorities arrived at the Days Inn when they received a phone call from a male companion who was with Burrous and described his lack of breathing as a potential overdose. The man he was with had attempted to revive him with CPR to no avail. He died upon arrival to the hospital at the age of 43.
According to Variety, Burrous’ death was a Grindr hookup gone wrong. They had apparently met four previous times. The news anchor met with the man at the hotel and they engaged in drug use where Burrous inserted two ‘rocks’ of crystal meth into his rectum before blacking out. Media outlet The Blast reports that during the investigation authorities learned that Burrous left work early on December 27th and answered the door fully nude when the companion arrived and had set up ‘DJ style’ lighting and set up S&M toys and a massage bench. Burrous reportedly vomited inside his S&M mask and became unresponsive. The drug GHB was also found in the hotel room, but only the companion had consumed that and not Burrous.
The Los Angeles County Coroner report indicates that Burrous:
Died from methamphetamine toxicity. Other contributing factors include hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
The manner of death was certified as an accident.
The other man was not charged with committing any crime.
Burrous leaves his wife Mai Do-Burrous and a 9-year-old daughter.
3 thoughts on “Cause of News Anchor Chris Burrous’ Death Is Now Known”
You know, if you play with
You know, if you play with fire you will get burned at some point. It WILL happen. It's just not the serious. What the hell is wrong with people? Your body is all you've got. You came into this world with it and if you abuse it you will likely pay a high price. I know of some people like this. Now his wife and child have to live with this legacy he has left them.
What a terrible way to be
What a terrible way to be remembered, very sad. @Rog good question,what has happened to regular good hot sex?
Meth, GHB, a poppers mask –
Meth, GHB, a poppers mask – what happened to just regular sex?