Are You Planning On Spoiling The Film For Yourself?
Oh my God! I almost fell off my desk chair this morning after hearing there has been some leaked footage of this years soon to be biggest blockbuster, Avengers: Endgame. Endgame has been shattering box office records and may be on a lead to topple over Avatar as the largest grossing domestic film of all time. If you haven’t heard, Endgame is the end of an era of a decade worth of Marvel superhero films like Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), and so many more. While there will be plenty more Marvel movies in the future, Endgame is going to settle the score against the reigning “big bad” villain we’ve been hearing about for ten years, Thanos (Josh Brolin). While the film premieres on April 26th, some people, myself included, are becoming a little too antsy for the wait.
Today, an unidentified source via Reddit released some footage of Endgame! The video within an hour spilled over to every area of the internet and was being rushed to be destroyed by Disney. It was everywhere for like an hour and then suddenly disappeared. The scenes accumulated to about five minutes and had the internet completely divided with excitement and anger about the spoilers, igniting the number one Twitter hashtag: #DontSpoilTheEndgame. So much, that the Russo Brothers, directors of the film, released a statement advising fans not to spoil it for others. Check out their message below:
As always, Twitter had some hilarious posts about their fear of being spoiled:
— Hello, Jongdae 🤍 (@itsmeanux) April 16, 2019
I hope you either weren’t spoiled or got an early present with the leaked information. Regardless, I am so excited to participate in this movement and see the highest grossing movie of all when it comes out in ten days. The wait is almost over! Ahh!
Spoilers Ahead! Exit if you don’t want to know what the footage contained!
I’m the type of person who loves to spoil movies for themselves. I’ve never had a regret! So, I am one of the few who got to see the footage and was almost in tears at one particular scene. It really isn’t too spoilery, I mean let’s be honest, we all know that the dead Avengers return and Thanoas is going to be defeated. We’re all just excited to see it all go down and watch the biggest superhero war to ever grace the live action screen. According to Reddit, here is exactly what was in the brief scenes:
– The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) returns as Professor Hulk, who is essentially now part human and park Hulk. He can speak full sentences. He’s seen wearing a tank top and glasses.
– Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man travel to the battle of New York (AKA The first Avengers film and battle against Loki) to retrieve the mind, space, and time stone. Captain America fights his past self.
– Thor is getting drunk and not caring about what happened. Hulk and Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper) go to get him, and his beard and hair are messy and grown out.
– Iron Man calls Rocket “Ratchet,” and Rocket replies “you’re only a genius on Earth.”
– Hulk tried to wield the Stark Gauntlet (an invented Infinity Gauntlet), but it appears to be too powerful for him.
– Captain America dual wields his shield and Mjolnir (Thor’s weapon which was destroyed by his evil sister, Hela (Cate Blanchett), it’s unclear how mjolnir comes back.
– The Falcon (Anthony Mackie) is the first dusted avenger to come back, we hear him say to Steve “On Your Left,” then we see Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) and Shuri (Letitia Wright) coming out of a portal, with Falcon flying out.
– Big scene with all the Avengers, including the Wasp (Evangeline Lilly), the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man (Tom Holland), vs Thanos and his army. Captain America finally says “Avengers Assemble!”
– Iron an reunites with Spiderman and gives him a hug
– Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) gets the short hair she has in recent comics, and Spiderman gives her the Stark Gauntlet.
Writer’s Note: This is the opinion of one Instinct Magazine contributor and does not reflect the views of Instinct Magazine itself or fellow contributors.