Episode 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race season 10 aired last night, where the focal point was all about the one and only Cher.
The only drag queen this wouldn't be a challenge for is Chad Michaels, who pretty much is Cher reincarnated at this point, so this episode really was a fantastic one to see just how well each of the girls could emulate such a major icon in the pop culture world and the LGBTQ community.
After Snatch Game, it becomes pretty hard for any queen who is left to hide their flaws when it comes to the challenges that are presented to them. With only seven queens left, there were a handful that really rose to the occasion and did their version of Cher proud, while others simply struggled to get the job done.
At the end of it (spoiler alert), The Vixen went home, and what she said at the end of Untucked regarding how her outbursts will outshine her performance in the competition is fairly on the money as it took her getting eliminated for her to really see how she was on RPDR.
Just from the POV of a RPDR lover, its very obvious at this point who will win. Don't get me wrong, there are some contenders that could prove my theory as false, but its becoming apparent who will win the title at the end of this season and I'm (sort of) OK with it.
Each week, we are doing a power ranking of who is on the top, the middle and the bottom. In last week's rankings, Eureka stayed at the top for a 2nd week in a row. Who will fall where this week?
1. Eureka (last week: #1). The show wants her to win. I don't think the public really does, but overall she's done a great job and they have shown her that way through and through. Eureka has really been killing it on every single challenge (minus one early one), and that momentum isn't stopping anytime soon. It would be an absolute shock to see some sort of a fall from grace here at this point, so expect her to coast to the finale and potentially win.
2. Kameron Michaels (last week: #4). Kameron has truly been this season's biggest surprise, and I am here for it. She did an amazing version of Cher as well as her glitter-based look on the runway later on in the episode. She hasn't had to lip sync yet, and was only low in one of the challenges. Sometimes the quiet ones really do win the race, and as of now, she's Eureka's biggest contender to win it all.
3. Monet X Change (last week: #2). I would've placed Monet at number two had she won the challenge, but her outfit on the runway was unfinished and she knew that. Monet has found her stride, and can easily find her way into the top four at this point, but she has yet to win a challenge. She is one of two queens left who hasn't won a challenge yet, and that will catch up with her if that doesn't change over the next two weeks.
4. Miz Cracker (last week: #5). What the f**k does Cracker have to do to win a challenge around here? I never in a million years thought she would be a queen who would find herself consistently safe throughout this competition, but that has been her case for the past two episodes. Just like Monet, she hasn't won anything yet, and its concerning me because she has the best personality out of everyone left and it's not being showcased to its best abilities. This top four ranking is who I personally would like to see make it to the finale, but that won't happen for either if they don't pull a W at least once.
5. Aquaria (last week: #3). My gut instinct tells me that she will make it to the finale. I don't personally think she deserves it. I still haven't been sold on her brand and why she would be up there with the 9 previous winners (plus three All Stars), as to me she's just a look queen who got lucky with a good Snatch Game performance. I'll give her this: the glitter ensemble she did was my favorite last night.
6. Asia O'Hara (last week: #5). Girl, what are you DOING? You shouldn't be next to go, but from episode four on you have found yourself in the low group twice, safe twice, and in the bottom two this week. You started so strong, and now are making every excuse possible to not place any blame on what happened this week or any other. Step it up!
This was created by one of our Contributing Writers and does not reflect the opinion of Instinct Magazine or the other Contributing Writers when it comes to this subject.