For over fifty years now, gay bars have existed. We’re here, we’re queer… now give us a beer. No matter if you are a city gay or a small town gay, there is a gay bar near and dear to your heart that keeps you coming back for more and more and more. Question is though… which are the most popular right now in the United States?
The top ten on this list (you can see the top 50 on NewNowNext), range in leather fantasy to all out nightclub partying extravaganza to getting your drink on while catching some beads in the process. This was compiled by data from Gravy Analytics, a location-based marketing platform, that tracks mobile data to verify attendance at places and events throughout the United States. This list tracks gay bar attendance from September 1, 2017, through the last day of 2017.
Take a look at 10 through 1, did your fave gay bar make it?
10. SF Eagle: San Francisco, California
9. Eagle Houston: Houston, Texas
8. Pegasus Nightclub: San Antonio, Texas
7. Georgie’s Alibi Monkey Bar: Wilton Manors, Florida
6. Town Danceboutique: Washington, D.C.
5. Bulldogs Bar: Atlanta, Georgia
4. Bourbon Pub and Parade: New Orleans, Louisiana
3. TRADE: Washington, D.C.
2. The Abbey: West Hollywood, California
1. Nellie’s Sports Bar: Washington, D.C.