Don Lemon’s Being Sued For Sexual Assault

DonLemonOfficial2017-640x960.jpg
Image via CNN

Don Lemon is being sued for allegedly sexually attacking a man outside a Hamptons bar last summer.

According to Mediaiate, a lawsuit was filed Sunday by a Dustin Hice, who’s seeking unspecified damages for “emotional pain and suffering.”

Hice says that he had a traumatic interaction with the CNN host on July 2018. Hice, a bartender for another establishment, says he approached Lemon while at a Sag Harbor dive bar called Murf’s. According to the lawsuit, “Hice tried to get Mr. Lemon’s attention and offered to buy Mr. Lemon a drink.” Lemon declined saying he “just wanted to have a good time.”

The lawsuit then alleges that Lemon approached Hice and provoked the stranger unprompted.

“Mr. Lemon, who was wearing a pair of shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt, put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand and shoved his index and middle fingers in Plaintiff’s mustache and under Plaintiff’s nose,” the suit says before alleging that Lemon asked Hice, “Do you like pussy or dick?”

Hice’s lawsuit then says the bartender left the establishment with “feelings of shame, humiliation, anxiety, anger, and guilt.” It then says that the alleged experience affected his work in the Hamptons.

In response to this lawsuit, CNN says that Hice is biased against CNN.

“The plaintiff in this lawsuit has previously displayed a pattern of contempt for CNN on his social media accounts,” a CNN spokesperson told Mediaite in a statement. “This claim follows his unsuccessful threats and demands for an exorbitant amount of money from Don Lemon. Don categorically denies these claims and this matter does not merit any further comment at this time.”

While the Twitter account under the name Dustin Hice has been deleted, an Instagram post obtained by Mediaite shares this anti-CNN stance claimed by the news source. In the alleged post, Hice is seen outside CNN’s Atlanta building. The post is then captioned with, “Touring the #CNN center today…or as #Trump would say ‘the home of Fake News’ lol.”

Hice and his attorney then pushed back on CNN’s claims by saying:

“The assertion that Mr. Hice would put himself through the painful process of filing a sexual assault lawsuit against his attacker all because he doesn’t like a cable TV station is ludicrous. Rather, he took down his social media accounts on the day he filed the lawsuit against Don Lemon because he’s a private citizen and wants to protect himself from CNN’s heavy-handed tactics.”

Sources: Mediaite, Newsweek

2 thoughts on “Don Lemon’s Being Sued For Sexual Assault”

  1. I wish this was captured on video like the “Fredo” incident. Even then, CNN would still stay that Mr. Lemon was provoked.

  2. Wait! I thought we were supposed to believe ALL victims no matter what. Or does that only apply to alleged perpetrators who do not share our beliefs and politics?

Leave a Comment